HIPAA Blog

[ Friday, December 10, 2010 ]

 

Medical Indentity Theft: OK, so Congress passed and the president signed (I think) a law revising the Red Flags Rule to make it inapplicable to doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. At least that's what the legislators say it does; I haven't really reviewed it to see if it really does what they say it does (I know, I know, I've been busy), but that's definitely the congressional intent.

While physicians and physician groups no longer have to comply with the Red Flags Rule, you should still consider it. Medical ID theft is a big problem, and will only get bigger. Take care of your patients. An ID theft prevention plan isn't hard to do, and it's good customer service.

Jeff [9:29 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template