HIPAA Blog

[ Friday, August 20, 2010 ]

 

I am not surprised: Health Care Data Breaches Lag Other Industries. First of all, health care industry participants already have a culture of privacy that goes back to Hippocrates. They're used to maintaining confidentiality. Also, so much of medical data is useless from a data theft standpoint. Why would you want to know about my gall bladder? And if you're looking for data to steal that would be worth something to you, you'd target industries where all the data that companies have on their customers are names, addresses, and account or credit card numbers. My MasterCard number from Home Depot is worth a lot more than my cholesterol numbers from my doctor.

Jeff [8:53 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template