[ Monday, January 04, 2010 ]
Short HITECH-HIPAA Checklist for the New Year:
- Put together a breach notification policy.
- Update your business associate agreement form.
- Find all your existing business associate agreements and update them.
- Educate your staff about HITECH.
- Encrypt if you can, or at least where you can.
- Have and enforce a sanction policy (could be part of #1).
This is also a good time to review all your HIPAA policies and re-educate your staff. The rules have changed, and the risks are much, much higer.
Hat tip: Dom Nicastro
Jeff [8:41 AM]
Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template