[ Thursday, April 02, 2009 ]
Upcoming Gigs: I keep meaning to post on here my upcoming speaking gigs; I don't just blog HIPAA, I talk it too. Anyway, here's my current agenda:
- April 21: I'll be in NYC at the 4th Annual CIT Healthcare Conference, hearing new market entrants pitch their businesses and asking HIPAA-related questions. Not a speaking gig, but if you're gonna be there, find me and say hi.
- June 11: tele-seminar on "Medical Records: Releases, Retention and Confidentiality." Put on by Lorman. Doesn't have a direct link yet. CORRECTION/UPDATE: now there's a direct link, here.
- June 14: I'll be speaking at the Texas Osteopathic Medicine Association Annual Convention in Arlington, Texas. Don't have a time and exact topic picked out yet, but it'll be between 8 am and noon and will probably involve Stark/Anti-Kickback and physician business ventures.
- June 15: I'll be in Phoenix speaking on legal risks of online and electronic communications for healthcare providers at the Health Care New Media Marketing Conference. Will be getting all Web 2.0-ey on ya. As you might expect, this type of conference has its own Facebook.
- September 19: I'll be speaking on medical record release issues to the Texas Medical Association Committee on Physician Health and Rehabilitation at the Westin LaCantera Resort in San Antonio. No website info on this yet.
If you're at one of these events, please let me know that you are a blog reader. I'm so needy for validation, apparently. Especially the Phoenix gig on June 15 -- that's got such a neat connection to what I do with blogging. Hope to see you there (or somewhere).
Jeff [11:58 AM]
Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template