HIPAA Blog

[ Thursday, June 12, 2008 ]

 

Latest Personal Health Record News: USA Today reports on the plethora of companies offering electronic personal health records, either to their employees or to the public (and duly notes the medical record privacy concerns). Microsoft's HealthVault has gotten a lot of press lately, but just between you and me, I find HealthVault hard to use. Yes, I've signed up for the HealthVault Beta. It seems that if you've got a provider or someone with electronic records on you that wants to "push" records into your file, it may work fine. I don't; I just wanted to test-drive it and see if I could upload the medical information I want to it, so it'll be there. For the record, I take a statin and a blood pressure pill daily, but in both cases the specific drug is pretty interchangeable with other other drugs (e.g., Lovastatin vs Pravachol) so I don't remember which one I'm currently on, nor do I remember the dose levels. It would be nice if HealthVault had a medical history form like you get from a physician's office so you could add that stuff yourself. But I don't see it anywhere.

I'll keep tinkering with HealthVault and, if I get the chance, may try Google's offering as well, and will let you know my successes/failures.

Jeff [10:10 AM]

Comments:
I read with great interest your blog about electronic medical records. MyMedicalRecords.com (MMR) is an advanced patient health record and an Integrated Service Provider on Google Health.

Using MMR, complete patient records can be easily faxed, voiced, or uploaded into a password-secured, web-based account. An emergency log-in feature also allows access to your critical medical information in the event of an emergency, and it has a drug interaction database for prescriptions, as well as many other features.

Perhaps you and your readers would like to test drive MMR by signing up for 30 days free using the promotion code TRYMMR.
Scott Smith
MyMedicalRecords.com
ssmith2@mmrmail.com
10100 Santa Monica Blvd #430
Los Angeles CA 90069
888-808-4667 ext. 123
 
Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template