HIPAA Blog

[ Monday, October 16, 2006 ]

 

One other thing I should've blogged about last week but just got too damned busy: I got an email from someone at the American Progress think tank alerting me to a blog post by one of their senior (jolly good) fellows, Jeanne Lambrew, on their ThinkProgress blog. She's proposing a greater focus on wellness by the formation of a social-security-like organization called the Wellness Trust that will, well, give financial incentives for people to do the stuff that they would do if they really cared about their own health. I like the fact that people are thinking about this stuff, but if "If you don't get off the couch and exercise and stop eating McDonalds 5 times a day you're going to die a horrible death" doesn't work, I don't know why "If you get off the couch and exercise and stop eating McDonalds 5 times a day I'll give you a dollar" would work.

Jeff [4:04 PM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template