HIPAA Blog

[ Monday, July 19, 2004 ]

 

More on the Non-profit class-action lawsuits: A new article in USA Today describes the class-action litigation as a "wake-up" call.  I disagree.  More later on that subject.

 
UPDATE: I've read the whole article, and I generally agree with the lawyers quoted.  I reviewed the complaint as filed against Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, and my initial conclusions were that (i) what passes for legal draftsmanship amongst litigators is a pretty low bar, (ii) there's apparently no rule against making up facts and arguments in a lawsuit, and (iii) an abject failure to understand how a business operates and why is no impediment to criticizing that business and using legal process to attempt to change the way it operates.  Still more later.

Jeff [10:32 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template