[ Wednesday, June 04, 2014 ]
Securing Mobile Devices:
Jeff [12:38 PM]
InfoWeek has a great article
on the importance of and ways to secure mobile medical devices, including not just phones and tablets, but other medical equipment that stores or transmit data. One takeaway:
Enterprise mobile management best practices include:
- Managing all devices, as well as constantly maintaining security settings and configurations.
- Enabling remote lock and wipe, so unauthorized users (such as ex-employees) are easily removed from the system.
- Full device or app-by-app encryption that's monitored and enforced.
- Enforcement of device-level passwords.
- Monitoring the operating system's integrity to avoid usage of compromised versions.
- Implementing an auto-wipe policy to minimize the risk of attacks via lost or stolen devices.
- Secure email and attachments to prevent malware being spread from personal accounts.
- Protecting application data by encrypting app data for operating systems such as Android or deleting app data if a device is non-compliant.
- Prevent untrusted file-sharing apps from accessing secure documents.
- Log devices and actions for audit.
Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template