[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 ]
I think Alan Goldberg is at the HIPAA summit; at least he's posting information on the AHLA Health Information Technology listserv that makes it look that way. Latest enforcement numbers:
Jeff [11:12 AM]
- Complaints to the Office of Civil Rights under the Privacy Rule: about 20,000.
- The Enforcement Rule is now in place, but no civil money penalties have been assessed.
- Referrals to the Department of Justice for criminal investigation: about 300.
- Transaction and Code Set complaints: 433 (most were invalid complaints, but 129 remain open).
- Complaints to CMS under the Security Rule: 74 (no civil money penalties assessed under the Security Rule, either).
- Federal Criminal HIPAA actions: 2 (both pleaded guilty, neither were covered entities or business associates).
Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template