HIPAA Blog

[ Thursday, December 01, 2016 ]

 

Phishing: You might've heard of this earlier, but someone is using OCR's Phase II audits as a pretext for sending what OCR is calling "a phishing email."  I haven't seen an actual email (if someone has one, send it my way), but I'm not sure it's exactly phishing so much as spam.

Apparently the email says you may be included in OCR's HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Rules Audit Program, but the link takes you to a cybersecurity company's website, where they apparently hawk their cybersecurity wares (maybe they do phish testing?).

Hat tip to Ron Holstford of Central Alabama Radiation Oncology for giving me the first heads up on this.  And sorry I've been so blogless these days -- it's been an insanely busy year, which is good.

Jeff [10:45 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template