HIPAA Blog

[ Wednesday, February 16, 2005 ]

 

Speaking of internet "misinformation": I let my 11-year-old daughter have her own internet account a couple of months ago, and in connection with it gave her a good old lecture on the dangers of the on-line world. I started off with the New Yorker cartoon with the quote line, "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog." You know the cartoon I'm talking about. My point to her was that there are bad people out there on-line, and they aren't necessarily who they say they are.

Here's an interesting article (off topic, of course, but relevant to the discussion of "bad information" on the internet below) from Popular Mechanics, where they debunk and dismantle all of the "conspiracy theories" about 9/11 that get their lifebreath from the internet. Interesting and very useful.

Jeff [10:14 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template