HIPAA Blog

[ Thursday, April 22, 2004 ]

 

Geek alert. I can not only set the clock on my VCR (do VCR's still have clocks that need setting? Do people actually still have VCRs?), I can set a program to record. But I've never taken a computer course, wouldn't be able to write code, and basically can follow the instructions when installing software on my home PC.

So I'm not going to be your best resource if you want nuts and bolts advice on security; you ought to talk to someone with more computer skills, and there's a ton of folks out there who really know the stuff. But, whenever I come across something that might be of interest to the security crowd, I'll link to it.

Like this. Top 10 security trouble spots relating to Windows operating systems, and top 10 security trouble spots relating to UNIX. It's interesting reading if you're interested by this type of stuff and/or have that required underlying paranoia that drives some folks (you know, the type that check their computer after reading about some scary technology in a Tom Clancy novel). Not that there's anything wrong with being a little (or even a lot) paranoid about security. You know what they say: just because you're paraniod doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

[Hat tip: Alan Goldberg]

Jeff [9:41 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template