HIPAA Blog

[ Friday, November 15, 2002 ]

 

A real hard date for the Security Regs? I was speaking at the Texas Hospital Association's 2002 Texas Health Law Conference here at the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas yesterday. On the HIPAA panel with me were Brenda Strama of the Houston office of Vinson & Elkins and Ken Gordon of the Dallas office of Jenkins & Gilchrist. Brenda mentioned something that I hadn't heard anywhere else yet: apparently, Tommy Thompson has announced that the Security Regs will be out in final form in the December 27, 2002 Federal Register. I'm certain it will be some fascinating reading, just in time for that lull between Christmas and New Years. I'll let you know if I confirm that date. But if form holds, there will be advance copies out before Christmas.

Jeff [7:19 AM]

Comments: Post a Comment
http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=3380636 Blogger: HIPAA Blog - Edit your Template